1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 large scallions (green onions), chopped
Walmart Cole Slaw Mix (Market Fresh)
3 cups chopped green cabbag
1/2 cups shredded carrots
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
1/2 pound large peeled raw shrimp, chopped or grilled chicken
6 egg roll wrappers
Olive oil spray
Sweet chili sauce, duck sauce or spicy mustard, for dipping (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat
sesamevegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté, until shrimp is almost cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes or substitute sliced gilled chicken.
- Add ginger, garlic and scallions. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add
cabbage and carrots, cold claw mix, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Cook on high heat until vegetables are tender crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain and let cool.
- One at a time, place egg roll wrapper on a clean surface, points facing top and bottom like a diamond. Spoon a 1/2 cup mixture onto the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Make egg rolls:
Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wrapper. Lift the point nearest you and wrap it around the filling.
Fold the left and right corners in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder. Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray all sides of the egg rolls with oil using your fingers to evenly coat.
- In batches, cook 370F for 5 to 7 minutes, turning halfway through until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, with dipping sauce on the side, if desired.