2 pounds (1 kg) side wild salmon fillet (about 2 kg | 4 pounds)
2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
4 cloves garlic , minced
1/3 cup melted butter
Salt and pepper
Lemon wedges , to serve
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 400°F Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil. Place the salmon fillet, skin side down, on the baking sheet; set aside.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic in a small bowl. Pour in the melted butter; season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/3 teaspoon pepper (or to taste). Using your hands (it’s easier than using a wooden spoon), mix the ingredients together until the breadcrumbs absorb the butter (about 40 seconds).
- Pour the mixture over the salmon, pressing it into the top until the fillet is completely covered. Lightly spray salmon with cooking oil spray for a golden crumb.
- Bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fillet), until the crust is golden and the salmon is cooked and flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a squeeze of lemon (optional). Team with a salad, steamed vegetables, rice or mashed potatoes.