1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon grated ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 large scallions (green onions), chopped
Walmart Cole Slaw Mix (Market Fresh)
3 cups chopped green cabbag
1/2 cups shredded carrots
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
1/2 pound large peeled raw shrimp, chopped or grilled chicken
6 egg roll wrappers
Olive oil spray
Sweet chili sauce, duck sauce or spicy mustard, for dipping (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat
sesame vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté, until shrimp is almost cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes or substitute sliced gilled chicken.
- Add ginger, garlic and scallions. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add
cabbage and carrots, cold claw mix, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Cook on high heat until vegetables are tender crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain and let cool.
- One at a time, place egg roll wrapper on a clean surface, points facing top and bottom like a diamond. Spoon a 1/2 cup mixture onto the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Make egg rolls:
Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wrapper. Lift the point nearest you and wrap it around the filling.
Fold the left and right corners in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder. Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray all sides of the egg rolls with oil using your fingers to evenly coat.
- In batches, cook 370F for 5 to 7 minutes, turning halfway through until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, with dipping sauce on the side, if desired.
1 1/2 cups of steak sauce (A-1)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
1/3 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Blend ingredients
- Marinate for two hours
- Cook to taste
Original recipe SI advertising feature
8 thin sliced boneless skinless chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
1/2 cup sun dried tomato bruschetta
1/2 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
1/4 small red onion, sliced
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, or parmesan
1 lemon, juice of
1 tbsp olive oil
olive oil non-stick spray
- Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in a shallow bowl.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper in another bowl. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 12 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place each cutlet on a work surface such as a cutting board and spread 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato bruschetta, 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese, 1 tbsp spinach leaves and 2 to 3 slices red onion in the center. Roll and place seam side down on a work surface.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- When finished, dip into the lemon oil mixture, then into the crumb mixture and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spray the top with olive oil spray. Bake 25 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
Air Fryer Directions
Follow steps above 1 through 6.
Preheat the air fryer once again to 400F. Spray both sides of the chicken with oil. Cook, in two batches 12 minutes turning halfway.
16 large sea scallops, cleaned and pat dry with paper towels
8 slices center cut bacon
olive oil spray
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400F 3 minutes.
- Place the bacon in the air fryer to partially cook 3 minutes, turning halfway. Remove and set on a paper towel to cool.
- Remove any side muscles on the scallops. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels to remove any moisture.
- Wrap each scallop in slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Spritz olive oil over scallops and season lightly with black pepper.
- Arrange scallops in a single layer in the air fryer, cook, in batches 8 minutes turning halfway until scallop is tender and opaque and bacon is cooked through. Serve hot.
4 Chicken Breasts Whole Boneless Skinless
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 Lemons whole
3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
1/4 cup capers
parsley for garnish, chopped
1 pound Angel Hair Pasta
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. (If the chicken breasts are overly thick, pound them to be thinner. Cooking time will be shorter.) Salt and pepper each side of the chicken breasts.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour.
- Put the chicken breasts in the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked throughout and no longer pink. Remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Turn the heat to medium low. Add broth, juice from both lemons, heavy cream, and capers. Bring the sauce to a boil and return to medium low heat. Test the sauce and season with salt and pepper as needed. Allow the sauce to cook and bubble for about 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over cooked pasta and spoon the sauce over both. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 1 hr Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins Servings : 4 Calories: 522
4 bell peppers, cut in half, seeds and ribs removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced to ½”
1 lb ground beef
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup beef broth
1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
Homemade Taco Seasoning (substitute taco seasoning)
1-2 tbsp chili powder1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder1 tsp coriander
Pinch red pepper flakes
Pico de gallo
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise, then remove the seeds and ribs using a paring knife.
- Arrange the peppers in a single layer in a 9×13” casserole dish.
- Make the ground beef filling. Heat a 10” skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the onions, toss to coat in the fat, and sauté until soft, stirring occasionally, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up the beef, until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning and tomato paste and work into the onions and beef.
- Pour in the beef broth and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Sautee the ground beef mixture 5 minutes more, then remove from heat. Add 1 cup cheese and mix into the beef.
- Distribute the taco stuffing eveningly among the bell peppers. Add ½ cup water to the casserole dish, or enough to just barely cover the bottom of the dish.
- Transfer to the oven and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the peppers.
- Return to the oven and bake 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Rest peppers 5 minutes, then garnish with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.
2 large eggs
milk or half and half
granulated sugar, honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 slices sandwich bread (sliced thick from Dimos)
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a flat-bottomed pie plate or baking dish. Place bread slices, one or two at a time, into the egg mixture and flip to make sure both sides of bread are well-coated.
Melt butter in a large skillet or on a griddle. Place bread slices in skillet or on griddle and cook on medium heat until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve immediately or keep warm in oven until ready to serve, but no longer than about 30 minutes.
You are simply dipping your bread slices into the egg mixture. If you leave your bread in the mixture for an extended amount of time, it will absorb more liquid and take longer to cook through.
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4 oz halves
Table salt ½ tsp
Black pepper ¼ tsp, freshly ground
Olive oil 1 tsp
Fresh lemon juice
2 tsp, or more to taste
2 tsp, fresh, chopped
2 tsp, chopped
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
½ medium, quartered (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small, shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to prepared pan and drizzle with oil; sprinkle with lemon juice, rosemary and parsley. Pour broth around chicken to coat bottom of pan.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with fresh lemon and serve.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast half
1 pound scallops
1/2 pound cooked shrimp (optional)
Cheese ravioli prepared (optional)
1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon pesto
1 tablespoon capers
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Season scallops with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add scallops. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add pesto and capers; mix well.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a boil (add optional ingredients).
- Remove from heat and serve.
Suggestion — serve with side of vegetables.
Boneless Chicken Breasts (approximately 1 per person)
1 Can of Mushrooms
1 Chopped Onion
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can of Cheddar Cheese Soup
Light Salt & Pepper
- Add ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook for 6 hours on low.