The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality.
The last is to say thank you.
In between, the leader is a servant.
1. If anything can go wrong, Fix it! (to hell with Murphy!)
2. When given a choice take both!
3. Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
4. Start at the top and then work your way up.
5. Do it by the book- but be the author!
6. When forced to compromise, ask for more.
7. If you can’t beat them, join them, then beat them.
8. If its worth doing, it’s got to be done right now.
9. If you can’t win, change the rules.
10. If you can’t change the rules, then ignore them.
11. Perfection is not optional.
12. When faced without a challenge, make one.
13. “No” simple means begin again at one level higher.
14. Don’t walk when you can run.
15. Bureaucracy is a challenge to be conquered with a righteous attitude, a tolerance for stupidity, and bulldozer when necessary.
16. When in doubt- THINK!
17. Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
18. The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
19. The faster you move , the slower time passes, the longer you live.
Since baseball time is measured only in outs, all you have to do is succeed utterly; keep hitting, keep the rally alive, and you have defeated time.
You remain forever young.