16 large sea scallops, cleaned and pat dry with paper towels
8 slices center cut bacon
olive oil spray
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400F 3 minutes.
- Place the bacon in the air fryer to partially cook 3 minutes, turning halfway. Remove and set on a paper towel to cool.
- Remove any side muscles on the scallops. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels to remove any moisture.
- Wrap each scallop in slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Spritz olive oil over scallops and season lightly with black pepper.
- Arrange scallops in a single layer in the air fryer, cook, in batches 8 minutes turning halfway until scallop is tender and opaque and bacon is cooked through. Serve hot.