Cooking Time: 4 to 5 Hours on Low
3 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon salt
Tablespoon teaspoon pepper (changed since new pepper is very spicy)
2 (2 1/2‐ to 3‐pound) racks of spareribs
1 cup barbecue sauce
1. Mix paprika, sugar, cayenne, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 tablespoon pepper together in bowl and rub evenly over ribs.
2. Arrange ribs upright in slow cooker with meaty sides facing outward. Cover and cook until ribs are tender, 4 to 5 hours on low.
3. Adjust oven rack 10 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Place wire rack in aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and spray with vegetable oil spray. Transfer ribs, meaty side up, to prepared sheet. Brush ribs with some of barbecue sauce, then broil until browned and sticky, 10 to 15 minutes, flipping and brushing with additional sauce every few minutes.
4. Serve ribs with remaining sauce.
1. Baby back ribs or St. Louis style ribs fit best in most crock pots.
2. I eased up on the cayenne pepper, a little spicy for my taste.
3. For one rack of ribs, I went with 4 hours of cook time.
4. I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ sauce.