- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-oz) salmon fillets, patted dry with paper towels
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs (such as basil and parsley), plus more for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
PREP TIME: 0:10
TOTAL TIME: 0:45
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season salmon all over with salt and pepper. When oil is shimmering but not smoking, add salmon skin-side up and cook until deeply golden, about 6 minutes. Flip over and cook 2 minutes more.
- Transfer Salmon to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter. When butter has melted, stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tomatoes are beginning to burst then add spinach and cook until spinach is beginning to wilt.
- Stir in heavy cream, parmesan and herbs and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Return salmon back to skillet and spoon over sauce. Simmer until salmon is cooked through, about 3 minutes more.
- Garnish with more herbs and squeeze lemon on top before serving