1 12-pack of dinner rolls or Hawaiian sweet rolls
1/4 cup pizza sauce
35 – 40 pieces pepperoni slices (optional substitute fresh slice pepperoni)
2 cups mozzarella, shredded
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
sprinkling Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the tray buns in half horizontally, while keeping them all connected.
2. Spread the pizza sauce on the top of the bottom half of the buns.
(at this point, it would be a good idea to place the buns in a slightly greased or sprayed 9 x 13 pan).
3. Layer on the pepperoni pieces so they cover the entire surface of the buns.
4. Layer on the mozzarella cheese. Replace the top section of the buns.
5. Mix the butter, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning together. Brush over the tops of the buns, getting into the nooks and crannies of the buns.
6. Bake for approximately 10 – 12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.