- Recipe for two burgers, scale for your needs.
- Cast iron frying pan is key (you want the patties to stick during cooking, it helps keep the patties from shriveling up).
- Use a small pot to press patties in pan while cooking.
Hamburger Buns (Brioche recommended)
1 pound ground beef (80% lean recommended, any leaner will result in dry burgers)
1/4 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper (to taste)
2 slices American cheese
2 tbs mayonnaise
1 tbs minced shallot
1 1/2 tsp chopped pickles + 1/2 tsp brine
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp pepper
- Heat frying pan to medium-high.
- Add tsp of oil to pan (not too much).
- Add small ball of hamburger to pan, press aggressively with small sauce pan. The patty should be pressed thin and should stick to pan.
- Season patty with salt and pepper.
- Scrape patty from pan and flip.
- Remove from pan and place on side plate.
- Add cheese to resting patty.
- Repeat steps 3-7, stacking next patty on cheese for each burger (two patties per burger).
- Mix sauce ingredients and assemble burgers.