Great chicken dish with lemon sauce and artichokes. Compares to favorably to an item from Macaroni Grill.
Lemon Butter Sauce
4 ounces lemon juice
2 ounces white wine
4 ounces heavy cream
1 lb butter (4 sticks)
Chicken and Pasta
6 -8 chicken breasts (3-ounces each)
oil , for sauteing chicken
butter , for sauteing chicken
2 ¾ cups flour , seasoned with salt and pepper, for dredging
6 ounces pancetta , cooked
12 ounces mushrooms , sliced
12 ounces artichoke hearts , sliced
1 tablespoon capers
1 lb cappellini pasta , cooked
chopped parsley , for garnish
- Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third.
- Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3 to 4 minutes).
- Slowly add butter until completely incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
Chicken and pasta
- Heat a small amount of oil and two tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour and saute in pan, turning once, until brown and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan.
- Cover and heat until mushrooms soften and are cooked.
- Add chicken back to pan and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta and drain. * see notes
- Place cooked pasta on each plate.
- Add half of butter sauce to chicken mixture and toss.
- Taste and adjust. Add more sauce if needed.
- Place chicken mixture over pasta.
- Add a little more sauce to each.
- Garnish with parsley.
Orginally from Food.com
- I’ve broken the directions into sections to make it easier to follow.
- This recipe makes a lot of food. Consider halving the recipe.
- I substituted center cut bacon for pancetta. I cooked it and then cut it into 1 inch pieces.
- The recipe call for a lot of mushrooms. I used about 2/3 of what it called for.
- I used Riesling when the recipe called for white wine.
- That’s a lot of butter (!) I’ll scale it back a little next time. (try 3, 3 not enough)
- Originally the recipe called for the pasta to cooked earlier. But it stuck together while waiting to be served. It didn’t impact the taste but the presentation wasn’t as nice as it should have been. So I’ve moved it to later. Your pasta may vary.
- I used chicken tenders (not the breaded kind) but smaller pieces of chicken breast. If you decide to use full size chicken breasts, I’d recommend flattening them beforehand.